Another crazy newbie question???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by andisgarden, Mar 21, 2009.

1. andisgarden

andisgarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    Is there some way or some sort of reference that cross references all breeds of chickens to locate a specific trait.

ie.) Black beak, yellow legs, black and white feathers and a list of several birds fitting that description pop up? One breed that I seem to have two of is in bantam and regular with a reddish face feathered feet and a mostly black body with white wing tips.

I am just thinking since I have so many chicks and I don't know one from the other it would be nice to pop in a few characteristics and get some names of specific breeds so I can see what I might have. Perhaps if I saw that baby chick I could tell if it is the one I have.

Thanks,

Andrea

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
  3. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

I know of no site that has exactly what you're asking (and that would be a great, helpful site if it existed) but the next best thing is Feathersite's baby chicks page:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/BRKBabyChicks.html

Tons of photos of chicks, organized by breed.

4. andisgarden

andisgarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    Thank you I guess I should just get my photos posted to a hosting site and get them on here. I am sure I could get most of them named.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by