Another day in the MayMay...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Oct 16, 2012.

1. my lovebuttons is doing 110%!!!!! here are the babies outside today.... awwww MayMay.... my pumpkin nut....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Great pictures, but I have no idea what you are saying???

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwwwww, they're beautiful! [​IMG] thanks for sharing.

4. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    She's looking great! She and you have been through a lot together, and kudos to you for caring so much to getting her healthy again!

5. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    [​IMG]I think she's saying she loves her chickens! I talk to mine like that too. Oh, and I believe MayMay was really sick before.

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Glad MayMay is doing better........ :)

7. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    It's great to see your chickens bursting with health and happiness!

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

9. L:OLOL... sorry guys... I forget I am a moron at times. [​IMG] MayMay is the name of my rescue chicken. She has had horrible up's and downs really bad the last few years. Her nickname at times is 'pumkin nut' She is a nutcase, thus the nut, and my 'pumpkin'. just ended up nicknamed 'pumpkin nut'. the lovebuttons who know where the heck it came from. wow, looking at that I really am a wierd one that I am not suprised no one can understand me!!!!!

but yea, in an easy way of saying I love my babies.....[​IMG]

10. [​IMG]

She had been bleeding really bad blood clots out of her eye for a few days, severe weight loss, comb pale, flopped, etc.

[​IMG]

Then she got hit with fly strike and was really hit hard with maggots. I really didnt think she would make it. more weight loss, loss of apetite, lethargic, and just really gave up.

[​IMG]

Then hit with tape worms really bad. too.....

[​IMG]

Such a miracle girl. She has some sort of respiratory disease that comes and goes over the year and just really knocks her down BADLY. I have learned to live with it, and notice the signs and symptoms when they hit now. Usually, I am now able to get a shot of Tylan 200 in her, get her the extra nutrition and nurse her back up to 100% over a few weeks. what a chore, and I feel so bad for her and what ever she has/had, but she's worth it. A real trooper of a girl. And she has never lain me an egg.....

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by