Another death in the family.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Their Other Mother, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    Last night we had to put down our family horse, Christy Blue Leo. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I got her as a 2 year old back in the late 70's. She belonged to our neighbor who had Quarterhorse racing stock. Her dam was registered out the gazoobies and accidentally got bred because of a mixup to an Appaloosa down the street...long story.. anyway we were around her from foaling and just couldn't bare her being sold to anyone else so my little sister & I stole her, I mean borrowed her, [​IMG] (just until we could pay for her and trade off stall cleaning)

Anyway, Christy was the best horse, healthy, gentle & sweet (most of the time) Over the 30 years that we lived with her she traveled back and forth between my sister and I. We even leased her out twice to good friends for their kids to ride while I was constantly pregnant for a few years. We did everything on her from barrel racing, team roping and parades to hunting, shooting and camping. She babysat and raised my 5 kids.

Hopefully this is the last visit to the graveyard for awhile. We lost our other life long horse a year ago February, my FIL in April, my very good girlfriend Kathy and the Best Dog in the Whole Wide World Herbie, just last month and then the entire flock of Chickens that same week.

Thanks for listening friends..........

2. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    It sounds like Christy Blue Leo had a wonderful life thanks to you and your sister.

Hugs.

3. GertieBird

GertieBird Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2008
    Triad of NC
    I am so sorry for your losses. It sounds like you've had a real rough time of late.

In time, may you find peace. In fond memories, may you find comfort.

You are in my thoughts.

Namaste,

~GertieBird

4. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Always tough to loose a pet, hang in there and remember the good times.

5. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend Christy Blue Leo [​IMG]

6. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

That's a rough year. So sorry for your losses. I hope they'll always make good memories.

7. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    Thanks everyone. Yes.... we have years and years of good memories.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I am so sorry.. you had a long time with her... that is wonderful.

9. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    [​IMG] awww sorry for your loss

10. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Gosh! That's a LOT to deal with...all those passings. So sorry about Christy Blue Leo but she had a wonderful life, it sounds like. I, too, pray that this it for awhile going to the graveyard!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by