Another deed done

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by moodusnewchick, Jul 20, 2008.

1. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    The fatty mcpatties are gone. Well not gone, they're in the fridge on ice b/c i'm too tired to finish them off tonight. Spent the day at Perfectly Polish's helping to build a coop and getting help to process birds. Thanks to PC, PP and Drumstick for the moral and physical support. I'm not as bothered by "losing" the birds as I think my brain is trying to make me. I did a really good job seeing the birds as food as they were growing up. It's a little bothersome to know they're "gone" but they're really not. I guess i'm just dealing with tired mixed emotions right now.

2. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    You did a great job, especially for your first time on your own birds, it'll get easier. You gave them the BEST life possible and I'm sure if they could they would thank you for it. Your a wonderful chicken mommy [​IMG] How are the chicks doing? Will you be back in 2 week, that's when we should be getting the cornish crosses.

3. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    BTW pictures and the video are uploading [​IMG]

4. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
  5. moodusnewchick

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    Yeah, I'll come back in two weeks. Not sure that I'll take cornishes...depends on how the fatties taste for me. If you guys need some help that I can possibly provide, let me know. I don't have carpentry knowledge, but I've got decent strength.

6. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    So am I and I didn't even do much! It was HOT out there. You all worked like demons. I've got pics coming too. Are we posting processing photos on this thread? Mine aren't terribly graffic since I still hide from the initial event. [​IMG]

7. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:You KNOW your going to want more cornishes! They are going to taste great! We can deffiantly use your help with the coop, I'll let you know!

8. moodusnewchick

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    I don't know if i can wait until next year. I might need to get a Healer NOW

9. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:I'm making a seperate thread for processing pics. They are uploading now, so is the video [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  10. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:I'll let you know if we breed ours. Then you won't have to pay so much for shipping and you can visit them when they're babies [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by