Today was the last straw. A dog escaped from her yard and terrified my chickens once again. I looked in the run and noticed my two missing birds and only saw one out in the yard. I caught her and put her back. I was worried for my other hen, but I later found her wandering around. She was fairly easy to catch and put back in the run as well. I did this all in my bare feet because I ran out there before I found my shoes! It was in the 30s this morning, too. The run was pretty badly damaged. It was a temporary solution for the summer, and it was clearly no longer working, since it was being breached by a neighborhood dog! At least there were no casualties in all 3 dog attacks. Fortunately, my husband got off work early and we were able to finish our new coop this afternoon with the help of our willing and (kinda) able 1 year old assistant. The coop and a new, stronger run has been constructed. AND the hole in the fence repaired, so hopefully this will be the end of the dog attacks! It is also under the eaves with a door so I can access the coop without ever getting wet during the rainy season! Score! The ladies are all in the new house sleeping. I hope they like their new home! It was fun to build and should give them better protection from the elements this winter than the previous coop we had.