Another dog attack and a new coop for my ladies!

Carolyn227

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
Today was the last straw. A dog escaped from her yard and terrified my chickens once again. I looked in the run and noticed my two missing birds and only saw one out in the yard. I caught her and put her back. I was worried for my other hen, but I later found her wandering around. She was fairly easy to catch and put back in the run as well. I did this all in my bare feet because I ran out there before I found my shoes! It was in the 30s this morning, too. The run was pretty badly damaged. It was a temporary solution for the summer, and it was clearly no longer working, since it was being breached by a neighborhood dog! At least there were no casualties in all 3 dog attacks. Fortunately, my husband got off work early and we were able to finish our new coop this afternoon with the help of our willing and (kinda) able 1 year old assistant. The coop and a new, stronger run has been constructed. AND the hole in the fence repaired, so hopefully this will be the end of the dog attacks! It is also under the eaves with a door so I can access the coop without ever getting wet during the rainy season! Score!

The ladies are all in the new house sleeping. I hope they like their new home! It was fun to build and should give them better protection from the elements this winter than the previous coop we had.

Quote:
Yes I agree... we love to see pictures....

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif
BigSmile2-1.gif

I haven't been able to upload pictures to my computer lately, but I'll have my hubby take some pictures with his phone and then post them online so I can then post them here. I'll try to get that done today!

Back
Top Bottom