Another Easter egger question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Andy Tomberlin, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Andy Tomberlin

Andy Tomberlin Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2014
    Charleston S.C
    [​IMG]

Was just wanting to know what breed the grey color comes from , and if she will lay green eggs??

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    I'm not sure what you mean by "what breed the gray color comes from." But, I do that EEs usually lay green/blue eggs.

3. Andy Tomberlin

Andy Tomberlin Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2014
    Charleston S.C
    Just haven't seen that grey color an awful lot, it's almost like a lavender and I didn't know if it was common in some breeds more than others. I have been trying to get one that lays green eggs but keep striking out. Hope this one works out. :)

4. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    That color is called Blue in the poultry hobby. It's a very common color gene found in many breeds, mixes. So it could come from anything or she may have come from someone who had or was trying to breed for blue Ameraucanas.

feather color has nothing to do with egg color so you will just have to wait and see what color she lays.

If you really want green eggs, look for someone who is breeding olive eggers or is crossing Marans with easter eggers or something like that.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by