Another Ebay question

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jackiedon, Oct 14, 2007.

1. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I won a bid on Oct 4 for 12 guinea eggs. I paid promptly as soon as the action was over. As of yesterday I had not heard a thing from them. I have ordered eggs(Jody I got yours) since then and have alreadygot them in the bator. So last night I decided to email them asking them nicely about the eggs. They told me they haven't been able to get eggs due to the guinea have quit laying so much and I understand that fully. They told me if they didn't the eggs in the next couple of days they will refund my money. I emailed them back and told them to just go ahead and refund my money.

My question - Do you think they should have contacted me to tell me this when on the bidding it said eggs will be sent promptly after payment is received. I don't think I should have had to been the person contacting them first. I fully understand it's the time of year the birds quit laying as much. What feedback should I give them. Of course they have not left me any.

I had this same thing happen with some string I had ordered. I paid as soon as the auction was over and after three weeks I still had not received it. I sent a nice email and all the responded was the tracking number. I gave a neutral feedback and they gave me a neutral feedback. I rebuttalled saying I paid promptly but no reply.

I don't want another neutral feedback for something that is not my fault. I kept my end of the deal.

jackie

2. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

My question - Do you think they should have contacted me to tell me this when on the bidding it said eggs will be sent promptly after payment is received. I don't think I should have had to been the person contacting them first. I fully understand it's the time of year the birds quit laying as much. What feedback should I give them. Of course they have not left me any.

I would leave them positive feedback if/when they give you your full refund back. Just note on the feedback that Seller should have let you know about lack of eggs earlier. Or something along those lines.

I agree that you should not have been the ont to contact the seller about the eggs. But sometimes sellers get busy and things do fall through the cracks we are after all only Human!! [​IMG]

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Yes I think they should have contacted you and told you what was going on.

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
  5. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    I agree that they should have contacted you and let you know they had stopped laying, my only guess is they thought if they gave them some time they'd start laying again, but even then it would have been nice to have let you know what was going on.

I would not just leave them good feedback just because you're afraid they will leave the same for you. Although (as long as they DO refund you money) I don't think it's bad enough for neg., I'd either leave pos. w/ a note about poor communication, or neutral and if they also leave neutral do a rebutal explaining you paid promptly and the reason for neutral is because of poor communication from the seller, or I wouldn't leave feedback at all, I would bet if they are to busy to let you know what was going on, they are going to be to busy to leave you any feedback, UNLESS you give them any feedback other then possitive, then they will probably find the time to give you the same.

In this case if it was me I think I would just not leave feedback at all. I've had more trouble with sellers not leaving me feedback, I've started waiting until they do, or if they email and ask me to (promising to do the same), I will go ahead and leave it. Unless they leave you some, then I'd probably do it, but like I said if they are to busy to let you know what's going on, they probably aren't going to bother taking time out of their day to leave you feedback.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by