Another FaceBook question...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, May 7, 2011.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    So..if i "like" a page... it seems that they can now post on my wall? even though i didnt friend them?
    I liked a few sites to get free coupons.[​IMG], ..and now their updates are being posted on my wall?..
    I went back and unliked them...lol
    but today i still see stuff on my wall from them??
    *sigh* How do i fix this?

2. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    The easiest way is to just "hide" their posts. Scroll your curser over the right side of one of their posts and an "X" will appear, click on it and it will give you the option of hiding that post or all of their posts.

Hope that helps.

3. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    OOh thanks! [​IMG]

4. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Put your curser over to the right side of their post on your wall....along the top....and a box will come up...it needs to be even with the top line of their post. Click on the square and you will have choices. You can remove their posts that way. It is also the way to remove a post that you are not interested in seeing even if you do like the person. Their next post will show. I use it to get rid of all the utube videos everyone wants to 'share' with me. If I want to listen to music I will turn on the radio!! But I don't want to defriend them.....just their music.

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Yep. I use it to get rid of random posts from pages I liked before I realized they are parasites. And I do the same with people who insist upon posting politics, religion and those ridiculous polls.

Do I really care what color tile you choose for you bathroom? NO! 65,000 people have allegedly picked it for you, you sure as heck don't need my opinion. Most of those polls are fake crapola from fb, btw.

Hiya, Red! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

If I like a page for a contest, I unlike it when it's over. Otherwise I am pretty careful about what I like. I like Deal Seeking Mom ALOT!!!! Those are welcome on my wall..... She posts some awesome coupons! The latest was a $5 off a $20 purchase at CVS. I'll take two please.

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:And be sure to like Debi if you want to water her shrivelled carrots or whatever she is always asking people to water. [​IMG]

8. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Are they posting on your wall or on your newsfeed? Other people can see what is on your wall- they can't read your newsfeed.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:And be sure to like Debi if you want to water her shrivelled carrots or whatever she is always asking people to water. [​IMG]

Ya know they have a name for people like you.....

[​IMG]

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Yeah.. i love Deal Seeking Mom! But i had to like bic sole razors to get free ones.. [​IMG]
    And now they can post crap on my wall... grrr!
    So..if i "like" something it gives them permission to post on my wall?? What a bunch of crap...
    And i did unfriend them... but they can still post?
    *sigh* I'll never get the hang of this FB crud...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by