1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another fresh hatch of WET poults

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by wilds of pa, May 13, 2009.

1. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Another fresh hatch of WET poults..so sweet they are.. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy [​IMG]

~Wilds~

2. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    What breed are they? They're adorable.

3. wilds of pa

Hi thanks, they are Wild Eastern turkey ~AKA~ WET [​IMG]

~Wilds~

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  4. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Awwww they are to cute!

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I love them, so cute! [​IMG]

6. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    awww I cant wait till next spring we are gonna try and hatch our first group [​IMG]

7. wilds of pa

Thanks all [​IMG]

AkTomboy, almost all breeds of turkeys are pretty awesome in my book..they Make great additions to any backyard flock.. Id recommend some to anybody..
    However i would stay away from broad breasted meat types if wanting turkeys for pets as the meat types may not live long depending on breed type..to many leg problems and possible heart conditions as well with them and they cant fly once fully grown..Plus in most cases they cant naturally mate with the board breasted types, o some will say they can, but our experience with them showed us they can not..

~Wilds~

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  8. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Thanks for the extra info! Our Spanish hen is so tame and sweet she will come when called, sit in your lap, fall asleep in your lap and will only stay home if told to go home when we leave on our horse rides. She had a tom who was a slate who got a lil to eager with a horse and lost that battle lol so we got her some friends besides our chickens this year and hope to hatch a few next year. I cant wait!!! What a bunch of cuties!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by