Another Golden Girl Gone :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ther00ster'scr0w, Jun 6, 2010.

1. ther00ster'scr0w

ther00ster'scr0w Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bay Area CA
    Even though I am a teenage guy and the Golden Girls is way beyond my time I still think the show is HILARIOUS. but just today I found out that Rue McClanahan (Blanche) died on Thursday from a stroke. Estelle Getty (Sophia) died in 2008 and Bea Arthur (Dorothy) died in 2009.

Anyone else out there a Golden girls fan?! I know plenty of other people (some young) who love the show!

*In one episode Rose had a piano playing chicken (Count Betsy-one of my chickens named after) so they support chickens haha

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Oh I am a huge GG fan! Ive seen every single episode at least 2x most of them 5+!
    I was always laughed at for it but I never cared [​IMG]

It is sad she died [​IMG]
    RIP

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  3. Ewe Mama2

Ewe Mama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Northeastern Ohio
    I hope I can act like "The Golden Girls" when I'm in my golden years! I want my family to always be wondering what's going to come out of my mouth next. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    I am a huge fan! What a great show!

5. chica57

chica57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Huge fan too!! They don't have good shows like that anymore-I could watch them over and over and never get tired of them-my daughters been hooked onthem since her teens to-was also sad to here about her death to.

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    I know, I hate it! [​IMG] RIP Rue! I love watching that show, ever since I was a kid. My 9 yr old niece told me yesterday, I said NO! I knew Rue had been in poor health here lately. I just hate to see them go! I recently saw her on an episode of Celebrity Ghost Stories, where she had contact with her best friend that had died. She said he told her dying was "no big deal"

My kids got hooked on it a few years back, and thanks to Rue's character, I had to explain to them what a "slut" is! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by