Another gratitude thread for today - every woman's fav 3 words

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Apr 24, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    DBF has been complaining to me that I don't listen and need to get hy hearing checked. Oftentimes I'll ask him something only to be told that "I've already TOLD you that". It's so frustrating to have him be exasperated with me all the time.

I tell him that he mumbles, talks to me when I'm occupied doing something else, and doesn't tell me all the things he thinks he does.

So I decided to get my hearing checked. The doctor said that I have "excellent hearing".

Today I'm grateful that:
    1. My hearing is good.
    2. I get to tell DBF that my hearing is good. [​IMG]

Every woman's 3 fav words are: "TOLD YOU SO".

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:My dh does that too. I tell him: if I'm looking at something or someone other than you, I'm NOT LISTENING!!

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    My MOM does that to me all the time. I'll be completely absorbed in something else and she'll decide to tell me a story or plans for the weekend or any of several other things that she feels I NEED to know at that moment. Then later I'll ask her what we are doing for the weekend or what we are having for dinner and she'll tell me that I never listen.

I admit, I do have selective hearing a good portion of the time. I don't admit that to my mom though [​IMG]

4. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    My DH says the samething about me...althought I do have sugnificant hearing loss, I always remind him of
    THE RULES

1. The FEMALE always makes THE RULES.

2. NO male can possibly know THE RULES.

3. THE RULES are subject to change at any time with prior notification by the FEMALE.

4. If the FEMALE suspects that the male knows THE RULES, she shall immediately change some, or all, of THE RULES.

5. The FEMALE is never wrong.

6. If it appears that the FEMALE is wrong, it is due to a flagrant misunderstanding which is the direct result of something the male said or did.

7. Should RULE6 apply, the male must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.

8. The FEMALE my change her mind at any time.

9. The male shall never change his mind without prior written consent from the FEMALE.

10. The FEMALE may be angry or upset at any time.

11. The male shall remain calm at all times, unless the FEMALE wants him to be angry or upset.

12. The FEMALE shall never, under any circumstances, let the male know whether or not she wants him to be angry or upset.

13. Any attempt by the male to document a RULE for settlement of future disputes may result in bodily harm.

14. If the male is confused about any RULE, refer to RULE #1.

NOTICE
    A. If the FEMALE has PMS, all RULES are null and void.
    B. If the male has UMS (Ugly Mood Swings), that’s his problem.

Signed: THE QUEEN

Make a copy and give it to him [​IMG]

5. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    "....every woman's fav. 3 words"

It's on sale!!!

6. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] I love to be able to say "TOLD YOU SO" once in awhile! [​IMG] [​IMG] Way to go Jenn!

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My favorite three words to say and to hear are: I LOVE YOU.

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Make the Resevations

9. ntiveheart

ntiveheart Chillin' With My Peeps

in my house, it's my favorite FOUR words:

yes dear, i'm sorry!

covers a multitude of sins! lol

10. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Quote:That's hilarious! My DH and I went to get our hearing checked because of a similar situation-- only with him never hearing what *I* say.

*I* am going deaf (and am attentive, he can't complain), his hearing is perfect (and he still can't hear me! [​IMG]) I also finally had proof for him that playing loud music HURTS me!

Since then my SIL has pulled him aside and told him he needs to stop filtering me out LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by