Another great thing about ducks...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sunny Side Up, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I like how they spend their day talking amongst themselves and chuckling at the things the others say. And then every so often one of them must say something hilarious and they all laugh real loud, "wAAAAKK, waak wakk wak!!!"

2. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    LOL...great representation! I hear that cackling a lot around here!

3. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

I love the fact that my ducks have FINALLY figured out how to use the ramp! [​IMG]

And I think it is so cute that they always stay in a group. The chickens go every which way.

4. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    love my ducks and their sounds

5. clay

clay Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2008
    I like to hear our mama ducks constantly talking to their babies, as well as their threatening squawks to anyone who comes too near. With that, and the peeping, and the drake with his little "wak-wak", it gets pretty noisy sometimes. (Never mind the geese constantly chatting and the roos having a "crow-off".)

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

When I go back to the duck pen, everybody is quiet, and then when I turn the corner, its like WHACK WHACK WHACK, really loud. lol.

Then I empty their pool, and refill it, and the walk all over my feet (wearing sandles) and I have muddy foot prints on them. lol I love ducks!

7. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    I just got my ducklings today...and I am in love! [​IMG]

8. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I will have to admit, our ducks definitely make us laugh.

My kids love to catch them and hold them for a few minutes, as soon as they are let go, they all run for the pond, huddled in a circle, yakking up a storm.

I picture them saying things like, "Thank goodness you got away", "Can you believe he held me like that", "I told you to run the other way, but nooo, don't listen to me", "Those tall creatures are freaks" [​IMG]

9. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I've been keeping chickens for a few years now and only got ducks 7 weeks ago. But I am finding them absolutely endearing and always amusing. I love their bendy necks and their flat funny beaks and their flappy rubber feet. No matter how foul a mood I'm in, just a few moments spent watching the ducks can soothe my nerves and calm my soul.

wAAKKK, waak-wakk-wak!

10. minifarm8

minifarm8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Hagerstown, MD
    We have one silky duck, the only one to hatch, that follows my DH around the yard. S/He is only 3 weeks old. It gets to swim in the rain barrel for a couple minutes. Gets totally mad when he puts it back in the cage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by