another Guess the Gender game- frizzled style

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LilBizzy, Jun 20, 2009.

1. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I have some frizzled D'Uccles, and I am trying to convince myself they are all girls ( except for the one which is quite obviously a guy)
    They are starting to get bigger combs, and it's making me wonder, although they ARE 9 weeks old, so maybe it is time for the combs to start being noticable? I tried looking at feathers, and they all seem to be rounded. A few of them, the saddle feathers are not as wide, but they are still very rounded. I tried getting good pictures, but that just didnt happen..
    ETA.. I have looed closely, and do not notice any wattles, except maybe on little buddy
    I call this one Lincoln(until I come up with a good name), because the beard and the top feathers looked like Abe lincolns profile
    [​IMG]

This is the Mille Fleur:
    [​IMG]

I call this one penguin, because she looked like a penguin before the new feathers came in:
    [​IMG]

This is my little buddy, the first one to hatch. She hatched Easter Sunday- eveone else waited until the next day to hatch.
    [​IMG]

This is nofrizz
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  2. ADRIANNA

ADRIANNA Songster

May 25, 2009
    wenatchee
    [​IMG] I think that the last two are roos, But I may be wrong.

3. SangaChicken

SangaChicken Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Memphis
    Penguin looks like a Pullet.. the other two, Roos? Just a guess.

4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Crowing

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Side on to the comb makes it really hard to even guess. The Mille Fleur looks girly at this point. Not enough comb in the picture on the others for a good guess.

5. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I trid to get better pics today..
    Here is my little buddy
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And the non-frizz
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Crowing

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Both Frizz are looking boyish, the smooth is a girl. Especially the one pinking up so darn early. Handsome lot though..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: