Another guess the sex

Raven81

Songster
9 Years
Nov 3, 2010
Te Anau NZ
ok they are about 4 weeks old now & i know one is a roo
this is a SLW over a black orpy the 1st is the def roo.
DSC02657.jpg

not sure on this one
DSC02655.jpg

this is a SLW roo over a splash orpy - named spartacus got stuck hatching & i had to help
DSC02648.jpg

these 2 are lemon cuckoo rock roo over cochin
DSC02649.jpg

DSC02644.jpg

Last edited:
1 and 3 definitely cockerels, but you knew that, right?
2 is tricky. At first I wanted to jump on pullet, but experience with Wyandottes says to wait. I thought 2 of my Wyandottes were cockerels until they got to be 4-months old and realized they were all girls. I am comparing this one to Wyandottes because it got the comb from that breed.
The two buffs, I would wait, there are some red wattles coming in on both of them, and that would tell me cockerel. I think in 4 more weeks you can call them all.

Quote:
the 1st 3 all had the same SLW dad but only the one came out with his comb. the 2 blacks had the same mum aswell. spartacus had a dif mum.
but yea i knew 1 is a roo & was hoping 3 wasn't but i kinda figure he is as those 2 are always fighting.
the 2 cochins were shipped eggs & were the only ones that hatched so
fl.gif
at least one is a pullet

lol i just had 5 out of 7 cochin eggs hatch. the cochin is a developing breed here as we dont have any & thanks to J R McCormick they are actually a developing breed & i have 2 lines descending from his. with the hopes to breed back & get the cochin recognised here

Back
Top Bottom