1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another hatch from the class, but doesn't look too good (pic)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WriterofWords, Feb 27, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    We have a pip in an egg from Frank, it's a fairly large darker brown egg. The janitor just called me because he was cleaning my room and looked through the glass in the bator, he called to tell me one egg has a hole in it! How much you want to bet he camps in my class tonight!
    Kate

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    That is so cool Kate!! Take some pics tomorrow!! [​IMG]

3. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    thats great writer, hows the playhouse coming?

4. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    I am a teacher and every time we hatch eggs in the science lab it seems to be the "gathering place" for students sneaking around K-8. They love to see what is happening with the "chicks." The older kids try to sneak in and out to check it out without being caught because some of them think it is really "uncool" to act too excited about something so "simple." Several teachers go up at night to "check them out." There is something about hatching eggs that seems to attract everyone.[​IMG][​IMG]:weee:weee

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Go little Chickies! Kate, so glad you got the pkg today. Hope that incubation goes very well for you and the class!

6. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Hey Writer of Words, I didn't know that you were doing a classroom incubation project. You never mentioned it when you were helping me out so much.
    Congratulations!

Pictures?

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm so excited myself I can hardly wait to get to school tomorrow! I'm sure by the time I get there my classroom will be full of people. Josie I'm sorry you didn't see my posts on it I feel awful! I felt I was overdoing it so I've tried to back off some from posting too much.
    The playhouse is in the hands of the high school shop kids, I went back and bought one for myself though so that one we will start working on this weekend!
    Kate

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Yay!!! We'll be hatching at school this year too. Can't wait for tomorrow's report!

9. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    No need to feel bad, it was just a happy surprise for me. [​IMG]
    I think I'll look for your other posts though.
    I think the fact that I missed them just goes to show that checking this forum three times a day is not enough! [​IMG]

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I have so many teachers who want to get involved now it's not even funny! After I took the little turken/fuzzy thing to school last week everyone wants to do it.
    Kate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by