another hatching question about egg turners

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DaKid, Dec 12, 2009.

1. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    Ok , say you have place ur' hatching eggs in the bator w/ a turner but some how on the 6 day in the turner and bator ,you see that the eggs are not turning, ( I know for sur that it has been a day or two the most ) and I fine that the turner plug got unplug and replug it in will the eggs still be hatchable at day 21 or are they dead because there where not turn for that amount of time .

Why I ask is becuse my turner some how got unplug , I'm thinking no more then a day - maybe a day in a half when I seen it was unplug ,so I repluged the turner back in, but will the eggs still hatch or should I just ditch them --they where from my own hatching eggs from my mix mutts of egg layers .

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  2. DaKid

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    Does Anyone know.

3. fremo

fremo Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2009
    Your eggs should be fine if you think it was only a day. What can happen if not turned is the yolk can stick to the shell.The yolk floats and will rise to the top of the egg. You can candle your eggs and gently turn it over to see if it is free. When turning eggs you should turn half a turn one way then go back the opposite way with your next turn. [​IMG]

4. DaKid

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    Thanks I try to candle them,

Alan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by