Another hello from New Mexico

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pequena Bandada, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Pequena Bandada

Pequena Bandada Small Flock

Jun 13, 2010
    Hi all - I've been lurking for a few weeks, and wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I'm new to the backyard chicken movement - we're "expecting" four 10 week old pullets on July 1st. A local breeder/farmer is giving us two Austrolopes and two Easter Eggers to start our flock. This weekend we're finishing the coop and run, then spending a week getting everything else ready before our girls arrive.

Husband, two small daughters and I live on 5 acres in northern New Mexico. We've been city folk most of our lives and are enjoying the changes that country living brings - especially the possibility of raising chicken. I look forward to learning a lot and sharing with all of you our upcoming experience!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC from AZ!

[​IMG]

How wonderful to have another member from the Greater Southwest!

3. Rausch hens

Rausch hens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Hi there fellow NM folks. Enjoy your new flock. Your post sounded so similar to mine I had to giggle.

4. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from south carolina/fla. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] rom California. Sounds like you found a little bit of heaven. Enjoy your flock! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by