Another Khaki laying today

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by gofasterstripe, Nov 23, 2010.

1. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I got 8 Khaki's about 6 or 7 weeks ago and 3 of the 8 were laying. Another started laying about 5 weeks ago and another layed her 1st egg today. Isnt it the Season to stop laying. I live in SC, and for this time of year its nice weather so that might have something to do with it, but they are only on about 10 hours a day. They are let out at 7 to 7.30ish and put up at 5 to 5.30. Isnt it great when you go out and there is ANOTHER egg to add to the tally every day. 10 females are laying...only another 11 to go. [​IMG]

2. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    Khaki Campbells lay year around... Or atleast mine do!!! Never hardly EVER take a break! today I went out and got 6 eggs WITH ONLY 3 HEN DUCKS IN THE PEN one of which is THIS years duck!!!!!!!! If you want LOTS of eggs GO KHAKI!!!!!

3. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    You are soooo lucky! I wish I lived in the south. I bought 2 blue runners and they started to lay, but only managed to lay for 2 1/2 weeks before the coldness and darkness hit Michigan. I can't wait until they start up next spring. [​IMG]

4. Marty Tom Ski

Marty Tom Ski Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2008
    what color eggs do Khaki ducks lay?

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    White to off white.

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I collected 3 Muscovy eggs this morning. I am pretty amazed that they're still laying in this terrible weather. It's been getting dark around 4:30pm here everyday too so they don't get much daylight. Hopefully they won't bombard me with eggs now that I put a light in their coop [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by