Another Linux question~ Linux people? Boyd? Walking Wolf? Help!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Funky Feathers, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    OK, so my brother removed Karmic Koala and installed Lucid Lynx with a Maverick Kernel for my Wifi Card. All good there, but: he disabled all flash-ads, all ads in general. Now I can't use Picnik Photo Editor, b/c it is full of flash animations. I don't know how to add that site to an "ads_allow" list. There is a file called "ads_allow" and one called "ads_deny", but no way to add/remove sites from a list (if there even is one). Can anyone help me? I need Picnik to work with this. HELP! [​IMG]

2. TM Chickens

TM Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Alabama
    Quote:Open the Software Center and make sure that "Adobe flash plugin" is installed.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    agree with TM... also you can go to adobe's site and click on see if you have flash installed and what version. Sometimes linux programs need certain versions installed. It'd help to know if you had it, and what version. Now if he merely turned off ad's on firefox, why not download google chrome for linux? Still the faster browser [​IMG]

4. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Quote:Open the Software Center and make sure that "Adobe flash plugin" is installed.

Where is the software center? I can't find it. I don't know where to look for installed programs. Linux seems to hide everything, even from the intended user. [​IMG]

5. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    K, well I just installed Adobe Flash Plugin 10.0? Picnik still won't load. Now what? I think the ads_deny thing is not browser specific. I think my brother ad-proofed my whole machine. [​IMG]

6. TM Chickens

Mar 3, 2008
    Alabama
    Check your browser for an addon named "flashblock" or "Add Block Plus". If they are there try disabling them.

7. TM Chickens

Mar 3, 2008
    Alabama
    Oh, and for future reference, to open The Software Center: click the Applications menu in the top bar and down at the bottom of it click Software Center. All the software you will ever need, installable with a single click.

8. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Quote:I checked & don't see either one. What else could it be?

9. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Please help me. What now? What could be blocking Picnik? (something my brother did by blocking all ads)?

10. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:you may want to ask him if he blocked add on's and which ones... also, did you try google chrome for linux? google does own picnik.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by