1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another Loss

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by EggCentric, Feb 17, 2008.

1. EggCentric

EggCentric Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Ball Ground, Ga
    We lost a brown leghorn hen yesterday. Have no idea what happened, she just dissapeared. She was an escape artist, (our chickens are kept in an enclosed run) I knew it was inevitable that something would happen to her, but that doesn't make it any easier.

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, im so very sorry. Maybe she is just hideing?

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I don't count any pullet or hen gone unless I find the body or a month has passed.

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I hope you find her hiding somewhere

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I cocur with the rest of the flock. [​IMG]

6. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*absolutely don't give up hope unless you have Euidence! Chook is ALWAYS 'disapeering' and I ALWAYS freak out. 2 days ago she went missing and I actually called a cop!! (Dumby me). FOUND 4 HOURS LATER SLEEPING UNDER A NEIGHBOR'S CAMPER!!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  7. EggCentric

EggCentric Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Ball Ground, Ga
    Well, I was rather hopeful that I didn't find any piles of feathers or anything. I'll update if she turns back up. Thanks for the cheering words [​IMG]

8. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Don't count her off yet. When we were first given a group of 4 yr old bantams I didn't realize they could fly over our fence and was going to catch and pet them to tame them like I did our Red sex link hens. Needless to say when I went to grab one it flew over our fence I went after it which only made her fly all the way up the hill in the cow pasture. She is White and I figured she was gone for sure. I would say it was 2 months or more later that I noticed we had two white bantam hens again. She must of caught up with them while they where out one day and we didn't even notice.

Hopefully she will come back!

9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I am sorry your Houdini chicken vanished, hopefully she will magically re-appear!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by