Another M or F?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gunnarmcc, Jul 14, 2011.

1. gunnarmcc

gunnarmcc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    SSF, CA
    Hello all, i was wondering if you could help me identify my Cochin chick, i think she is right around 10 weeks now but im not 100% sure. the guy who does the breeding wasnt there so i got them from his daughter and she didnt know to much about them any help on age, sex and color would be great. looks like a golden laced cochin to me but im still a complete newbie and this is my first cochin. she is so sweet tho and will always let me hold her. much thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    she looks like a hen to me and about the same age as my standard black cochin pullets which r now 16 weeks old and she kind of looks like a cochin to me but im new to the whole chicken thing too just started up 4 months ago lol hope i help and shes very beautiful:thumbsup

3. cochinGurl

cochinGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    looks like your right on for the breed, but i think the tail looks a bit rooish...

4. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    Am I the only one seeing saddle feathers? If it wasnt for those, I'd be saying pullet.

Not sure if it's just the feather coloring that is throwing me off but even doing a double take I see saddle feathers. I hope I am wrong though.

5. gunnarmcc

Jun 10, 2011
    SSF, CA
    ya that is sort of what is getting me too, and i dont know if it is coloring or if it is the feathers but i just havent looked at enough chicken feathers in my life to really know

6. MiniBeesKnees

MiniBeesKnees Chillin' With My Peeps

I think roo...for the pointy saddle feathers. She looks like a he to me.

7. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG]

8. Mrs. Cannon

Mrs. Cannon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Vandalia, IL
    I'd have to say male only because of the saddle feathers. [​IMG]

9. gunnarmcc