1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another new addict!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CackleberriesCrackMeUp!, May 5, 2009.

1. CackleberriesCrackMeUp!

CackleberriesCrackMeUp! Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2009
    Kansas
    It began with innocently reading and researching on here wondering if I could possibly raise a few (no more than 6) chickens in our vacant 20ft x 30 ft dog run.

I bought my first 6 chicks from the Farm Store (2 RIR, 2 White Leghorn, 1 BR and 1 BO) --**look at me I'm already learning the abbreviations [​IMG]. But. . . I really wanted an Ameraucana so I could serve my kids some colored eggs . . . so one week later I bought 6 straight run chicks from a lady about an hour away from me.

So . . . I've already maxed out my 6x8 coop that we were trying to build, I've been gathering items and trying to build my own bator because I really want to "hatch" some eggs, and now trying to figure out how I'm ever going to convince my husband we need a new coop already! And I'm on this website entirely too much!!!

Oh, and last week, we received a goat as a birthday "present"?, so we are officially the "Funny Farm"!

Did I mention I love the word "cackleberry"?!

Wife to wonderfully patient, and doesn't think I'm COMPLETELY crazy YET, husband--**(OK, so I don't know these abbreviations yet!) [​IMG], mom of 2 and 4 year old, and surrogate mom to 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 turtle, 1 goat, and 12 chicks so far!

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Welcome to (our addiction)... ahem BYC & congrats on learning the abbreviations thus far.

DH = "Dear/dumb husband" (depending upon your mood & his actions)

4. Buckhorn Farm

Buckhorn Farm OLD Country Girl

Mar 30, 2009
    North Florida
    [​IMG] from FL

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

Imp

6. CackleberriesCrackMeUp!

CackleberriesCrackMeUp! Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2009
    Kansas
    Quote:I always wondered what the "D" stood for. I love that definition! Thanks for clarifying! [​IMG]

7. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

9. sethsleader