ANOTHER NEW BABY FREISIAN FOAL!!! MORE PICS!!

woot.gif

I broke with tradition. Fiona's baby is going to be named after the mama instead of the daddy. Fiona's Ebony Juno is the baby's name that will go on her registration papers. I want my beautiful PMU mare who was supposed to be killed to be forever remembered in this lineage.

Quote:
You mean Fiona? I bought her on the internet when the PMU farms were going broke and dispersing all the stock. Science lab?

PMU farms=science labs
tongue.png

Good thing you gave Fiona a good loving home.

Honestly I dont see a problem breeding her if you can afford to have foals from her. give her what she enjoys, being a momma is not a bad thing regardless what her history was. At least she would have a loving owner(s) and all the babies she would love to have. If she has all the good traits, conformation, the market for "dressage" horses, then go for it. She is a very lovely well put together mare of her breed.

I also don't see what the problem is with breeding her. If she likes being a momma, she has good confirmation/temperament and you have a solid market for the offspring, why not?

Animals are programmed to reproduce, in with holding that ability, you are going against nature. The only exception to this are animals that have been sterilized-they don't produce the hormones that cause the "drive" to procreate.

If she were "wild" she'd be foaling every year. At least in someone's home she'll have access to proper nutrition, water, hoof care, be protected from predators, etc.

If I had a beautiful, solid, sane, gentle, well bred mare, you better believe I'd be breeding her. The world needs more of those, they are a rare gem indeed.

Well, she's kind of a wild child as the PMU farm never did anything with her. Her feet were completely neglected and she'd had almost no training. But she's tamed down quite a bit and has learned some manners and doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Her feet are all better now and the babies she puts on the ground are beautiful and smart. The baby she had (an accidental breeding) three years ago likes to pick up his bowl and hit the Quarter horse with it when she annoys him.

Back
Top Bottom