Another New Guy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nuggets, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Nuggets

Nuggets Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2011
    Maine
    Hi,

Another newbe from Maine here. Ist time chickener. I can not believe I built my own chicken tractor and it actually works.
    2 Rocks
    2 Aracaunas
    2 Buff Orphingtons
    2 Golden laced Wyndolettes
    8 cats
    1 parrot
    many wild critters
    3 rabid children

Alpacas are next..

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

Don't let those 3 rabid kids bite anybody!

3. Nuggets

Aug 15, 2011
    Maine
    LOL I found as long as we keep feeding them and giving them places to recharge their evil electronic devices they will leave us and the others alone. However they rarely request chicken anymore these days...

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    [​IMG]

5. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    [​IMG]

6. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    [​IMG] from my little corner of the world! You will find lots of great info and peeps on this site! Glad to have you! [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas, Nuggets! Sounds like a nice looking flock of birds you have. Congrats on the tractor! [​IMG] Have fun on BYC!

8. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    [​IMG]

So.... which chickens are your favorite? (I won't tell.)

9. riverchicks

riverchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Hello and welcome to BYC! Congratulations on building your chicken tractor. Be sure to post pictures when you're able! [​IMG]

10. Nuggets

Aug 15, 2011
    Maine
    Thanks all,

I like all the ladies, the rocks and wyndolettes are not nearly as friendly but the buffs are very sweet and will spend lap time. The Aracuanas are my favorite, a bit pushy, inquisitive, and I love the tufted faces, they also have a different voice then the others.

Next project is to finish their home made purch - made from tree limbs I cut and dried out and then get their indoor winter home finished - it gets kinda cold in Maine so I sectioned off/built a room off the back of a extra long detached garage that has utilities and cut a hole in the side so they can exit to a run I will be building shortly.

They love their tractor, its huge 10x 10 and does not have wheels - we move it every other day using two hand trucks and that works fine. We call it the chicken disco as I strung up lights in it for a few hours after dusk - helps them to get bug visitors that they enjoy catching.

Some nights I go outside just to sit with them - very relaxing after a long day at the office...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by