Another New Mare/Updated pics of the 2 thin horses on pg 2.

jmhappycowboy

The Egg Wrangler
12 Years
Dec 13, 2007
Philadelphia, MS
Was out taking some pictures of all the horses as well as 2 new ones and thought I would post them for everyone to see. I"ve posted the Paints pictures before but they are looking better now so thought I would post them again also.

The grey mare is a 6 yr old AQHA mare that I got yesterday from a bad situation where she wasn't being cared for and it shows, but it won't take long and she'll be a fat pretty girl here. Her registered name is Double L Ruby, (barn name is Shadow) She is also in foal to a Black Tobiano APHA stallion for a Feb/March foal

Shadow9-28-20107.jpg

Shadow9-28-20101.jpg

Shadow9-28-20103.jpg

Sorrel welsh mare 16 years old she's a super gentle kids horse 13.2 hands tall. She's just been turned out in a pasture for the past 3 years with a filly that was born to her on Oct 07 and that filly was still nursing from her until 2 weeks ago when I got her. Got to get some weight on her also.

Sassy9-19-20103.jpg

Sassy9-19-20102.jpg

Next is KitKat 10 yr APHA mare and she's definately showing that she's in foal. Due January 4th. She's in foal to Fax Black/White Overo.

KitKat9-15-201011.jpg

wide ended gal isn't she
KitKat9-15-201010.jpg

Next is Nikki, she's a 11 yr old registered Half Arabian, she's also in foal to Fax but she's not showing like KitKat is.

Niki9-28-2010.jpg

Niki9-15-20103.jpg

And last but not least is Fax. APHA Black White Overo stallion.

Fax9-15-20104.jpg

Fax9-15-20103.jpg

And I think this is a pretty good shot of all the big horses.
Nikki-KitKat-Fax-Shadow-9-28-20101.jpg

Last edited:
Paints are sure pretty! The white horse looks the worst for weight to me and being pregnant. Glad you took them in.

Gorgeous horses, I am loving your stallion! I wonder what he would produce from my highland pony mare, lol!

The rescued ones will soon be fat and shiny with you looking after them and i can't wait to see wee foalies next year!
ya.gif

Last edited:
Not very many people like yourself would allow stallions with their mares which I think it makes a better stallion out of them, nature-wise.

They are ALL beautiful!! I am so partial to paint horses, especially odd colored or marked ones. I like the colors of the stallion
big_smile.png
beautiful bunch of horses you got there!

Quote:
EweSheep, I am a firm believer in letting my stallions run with my mares always have, and always will, because like you stated it does make a better stallion out of them nature wise. You let him get out of line with one of those gals and see just how quick she'll put him back in his place. My stallion is as gentle as a kitten and is so easy on the mares that its unbelievable, but I wouldn't have expected anything different from him since he is Mr my old stallions son and he was the same way. Also with the stallion running with the mares you have much less chance of any predator like coyotes or wild dogs which we have in an abundance around here attacking and killing a foal, my stallions have always been the one babysitting the foals while they are sleeping while the moms wonder off and graze, now thats a beautiful sight to behold the stallion standing there with all those babies on the ground around him sleeping.

Thanks everyone else for the compliments on my horses, I know the grey mare and the welsh mare are thin but they have just arrived at my place give me a little time and they will be as fat as the others.

LOL that reminds me of when I worked on this performance horse ranch. We would turn out unruly, rambunctious teenage colts out with experienced broodmares and the mares WHOOPED the colts into shape! It was like horse boot camp
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom