Another new member - from Maryland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by marxmail, Feb 6, 2012.

1. marxmail

marxmail Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2012
    Sparks, Maryland
    Hi All,

I just wanted to say hello! I don't have any chickens YET.. but I do have a coop and all the supplies. I live in Sparks, MD and plan to have three or four hens. Hopefully we get eggs but they will be pets first. I am trying to decide on breeds and if I should start chicks or purchase young hens. I seem to be a little late in the game to get chicks ordered online. All the breeds I am interested in are not available until later in the spring. Not sure if I can make myself wait that long! Since my coop is the tractor type I think bantam birds would be best. I do have a fenced area for them to run when I am home to supervise! I am anxious to see how my three dogs and two cats will accept them.

If anyone is in the area and have bantam chicks or young ones for sale please let me know.

I have been reading the forums for several days and I am very excited to start my flock! I look forward to learning new tips and trips from all of the members.

Thank you,

Donna

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Hi Donna, welcome to byc. I'm Rebecca. I live in va and I have 8 chickens. Ive been to Maryland and its beautiful up here. Glad you joined. Good luck with getting started. If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Donna! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! Trying looking on the buy/sell thread, you may find someone selling the chickens you are interested in. [​IMG] Enjoy!

4. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Congrats on your decision to get chicks and welcome to BYC from Michigan!!

5. berniezahm

berniezahm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    Hi Donna, Welcome to BYC from Aberdeen, MD.
    I have chicks if you are interested I also have some pullets that are about 10 weeks old. See my signature line at the botton of this post and you'll find I have a few chickens in my coops and brooders.
    But most importantly enjoy your chickens where ever you get them. [​IMG]

6. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Hi Donna, welcome to BYC from Nevada. [​IMG]

Good luck with your new flock! I understand not wanting to wait til spring. Hope you find some cute peeps.

7. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Hi, so glad you joined!!! I would suggest silkies if you are wanting them as a pet first, in my opinion they are the sweetest!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Welcome to BYC, Donna. Glad you joined us!

~AnnElise

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by