Another Newbie here :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by leeuh, Apr 26, 2009.

1. leeuh

leeuh New Egg

Apr 26, 2009
    Ghost Town America
    Hello everyone, my name is Leeuh and I live in Southwestern Montana. This is my first year raising chicks. I currently have 5 white leghorn (hopefully all pullets) chicks who are almost 5 weeks old. They just got moved outside to the chicken coop 2 days ago and seem to be adjusting just fine. We had 2 little baby (2 day old) bantams that died. (one of them belonged to my 4 year old) After the 2nd one died I found out that Montana is having problems with their bantams this year due to the strange weather we've been having. Maybe next year the weather will cooperate, we can get more bantams, and they won't die.

I also have a 4 week old mallard named Sam-Soup. (no, we're not eating Sam-Soup lol) Other than the chicks and the duck, I have 2 stupid dogs, 1 evil cat, 1 18 pound sweet-cat, 2 kittens, 16 horses, 1 goat, a 4 year old, and a grumpy hubby. (he's not that grumpy usually lol)

I don't know very much about chickens. (or ducks for that matter) But I'm learning as I go. I found this website a few weeks ago and have been reading a lot of useful information. I decided it was time for me to join the forum, I already spend half of my day on here reading anyway. (lol)

I have a ton of questions, but I'm going to do some more reading before I ask them. I just wanted to introduce myself, and say HI! [​IMG]

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

3. gpamela3499

gpamela3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    [​IMG]
    From califronia

4. Mama&thePeeps

Mama&thePeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Tennessee
    A warm welcome from me too! I'll bet you can find all your answers within this great forum.

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida.

7. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina