Another Newbie :)

AlisonT100

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2016
Hello Chicken Lovers everywhere. I'm a newbie member to BYC, although I have frequently delved the posts for information.

I live in Cheshire, northwest England, which is wet and mild through winter. And very wet and mild in summer :/

We currently keep 12 free rangers of many varieties. I'll try to list them as follows:
Rhode Island Reds
Daisy Bell
Bluebell
French Blue Marans
Cuckoo Maran
Speckledies
Barnvelder

I'm currently holding out for 2-3 Black, Copper or Blue Marans! My supplier is going to try to get them next week. That's our max - 15 birds. We firmly believe in Happy Chickens, and have thus given them a huge swathe of grassy land to roam in.

I'm very envious of the American members here who can buy "Easter Eggers". It's rare to find even Araucanas around here and the two I did purchase 6 years ago, died within 3 months. No idea why.

I hope that I'm able to chip in on this forum and help out :) You've all helped me over the years, so I'm happy to put back in!

Thank you for accepting me.

Lots of cluck

Alison

Hi :welcome Alison from Yorkshire!

Glad you could join us here! I've loved reading your intro and all about your birds. It sure does sound like they have a fab life with all that grass :D That's such a shame about the Ameraucana you got that passed away. Have you checked for a breed club in Britain for them? No a breed I know about I'm afraid. Please do pop by the UK thread and say hello ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/655508/uk-member-please-say-hi/0_30

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Greetings from Kansas, Alison, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Sounds like a beautiful flock you have. Best wishes to you!
smile.png

Hi and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
Glad you joined the flock! You flock sounds lovely! They must be very spoiled!
gig.gif
Very sorry about your Ameraucana,
hugs.gif
I have 28 free ranging chickens (I constantly get "chicken fever" lol) Here's the (long) list! :

2 Light Brahmas: Thumper and Dumpling.
4 Easter Eggers: Ginger, Muffin, Bunny, and Queen.
1 Barred Plymouth Rock: Fanny.
1 Rhode Island Red: Penny.
1 Buff Silkie Bantam: Pickle.
4 Black sex links: Louise, Princess, Lou, and Jewel.
1 Black Australorp: Abibia, aka: "Bibby".
2 Production reds: Piglet and Elf.
1 New Hampshire Red: Elephant.
2 Red sex links: Sunshine and Lucy.
And one Old English Game bantam rooster: Luigi.

Have a great time on here! Glad you have found this site helpful!

Very nice to meet you Allison, hope you enjoy BYC as much as we do.

To all of you who have welcomed me, THANK YOU! I'm replying on my phone here and simply cannot work out how to add a new post. So please excuse my ignorance. You're a smashing flock to be part of ;)

Welcome to Backyard chickens Alison!! I hope you enjoy it and the camaraderie here and everybody that goes nuts over chickens (me being one of them....) Have fun! And ask questions!

Back
Top Bottom