Another newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SusanG1969, Feb 25, 2018.

1. SusanG1969

SusanG1969 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2018
    Queensland, Australia
    Hi all,
    First time poster, long time lurker.

I have a little feathered family (5 Are 12 weeks old & 1 was bought as point of lay)
    Not sure what's more intriguing. . Learning about them or watching their daily antics.
  2. pineapple416

pineapple416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2014
    Western Washington
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you finally decided to join us:). I love watching "chicken tv" as well. My chickens probably think I am a little bit of a stalker haha.
  3. Liz Birdlover

Liz Birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2018
    Delaware, USA
    Cool, welcome! We're all kindred chicken lovers here, the more the merrier!
  4. Plip

Plip True BYC Addict

Apr 28, 2010
    NW Washington State
    Sounds like the makings of a nice little flock!

Welcome Susan! Great to have you here!
  5. 007Sean

007Sean Flock Master

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy Susan:welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)
    N F C, Plip, drumstick diva and 5 others like this.
  6. Latestarter

Latestarter True BYC Addict

Mar 18, 2014
    North East Texas
    Greetings and welcome to BYC Susan! So glad you joined us. They sure are fun to watch and interact with. There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Oh, if you haven't done so already, PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me :old will never remember & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!
    007Sean, Plip, SusanG1969 and 3 others like this.
  7. penny1960

penny1960 Going back to La La Land Premium Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Mossyrock, WA
    they are great fun to watch their way and why's Welcome to Backyard Chickens
    007Sean, Plip, SusanG1969 and 2 others like this.
  8. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Read. You will learn something. Premium Member Project Manager

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Welcome to aka BYC! :frow
    :yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1

The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!
    007Sean, Plip and SusanG1969 like this.
  9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Susan, welcome to the Backyard chickens community. :frow
    N F C, 007Sean, Plip and 1 other person like this.
  10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from Far North Queensland SusanG…. :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on the Aussie Thread.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)
    007Sean and Plip like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by