1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another Newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FarmerRon, Jan 14, 2010.

1. FarmerRon

FarmerRon New Egg

Jan 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    We are SO excited about our new venture! We bought 18 acres in the country and we are city folks moving out of town. Actually we both grew up in rural areas but have lived in the city for a long time! We finished our coop yesterday and got 6 hens and 2 roosters to go in their beautiful new home. We thought we were getting 7 hens and 1 rooster but I declare that 2 of them are roosters. I'm going to attempt to put a picture of our coop....hope it works. I have looked through many of the forums to answer a lot of our questions. One of our boys told me today they would NOT eat our eggs because we also have roosters and the eggs would be fertilized. I was so happy to see that a lot of you eat eggs that are fertile.

I can't wait to let all of you know the day we get our first egg! I thought some of the stories about what folks did with their first egg were hilarious. I intend to keep ours too!

We went to the farm and checked on them this morning and they acted so happy! I am embarassed to say I have NO idea what kind or breeds that we have. We just went to an old chicken farmer and told him we wanted chickens to get fresh eggs!!! Perhaps if I upload pictures some of you could help us with that. [​IMG]

Anyhow, we are pleased to be part of the forum and look forward to getting all the help we can.

By the way we are getting our calves in 2 weeks! I guess when we decided to move to the country.....we decided to go all the way!

[​IMG]

2. Hello and [​IMG] fromMissouri

Glad you joined us , you will love it here ![​IMG]

3. FortWorthChicks

FortWorthChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Looks like a nice coop and run! Hello from Tx.

And a guessing game is always fun. Try and get some pics up [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  4. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    [​IMG]
    from fl

5. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    [​IMG]

matt in NC

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

Nice looking coop

Imp

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats a great coop! [​IMG] [​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us!

8. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] from UT!

9. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG]

10. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps