Another no egg post

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kyle7630, Sep 11, 2008.

1. kyle7630

kyle7630 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Semora NC
    Just wanting some answers to a quick question. I got 2 laying hens last week and 2 more the other day. Since here at my house, not one single egg. What would be the reason for this to happen? Stress, new enviroment, change of feed???

2. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    All three.

[​IMG]

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I got two new hens a few months ago and it took them both a month to start laying again [​IMG] It will be some time...the move really stresses them out and than they have to go through quarantine for 30 days too if you have a current flock! And than another move! UGH! It's stressful for us too when we are the ones waiting for eggs! Hang in there, it will happen when they calm down and feel at "home".

4. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    They are very sensitive creatures.... it will definitely take a few weeks to get comfy and start laying again. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Take it from me, the Master Whiner of No Egg posts, it takes a while. I have had mine for almost 3 weeks, and finally this week we have had three eggs. 6 hens and 1 roo and three eggs. Be patient.

6. shy

shy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2008
    Yes they are very sensitive to change. My GLW just started laying. She was laying about an egg every other day. Then I put her in another cage just for a few hours to clean her cage. She skipped 4 days with no eggs after that. Finally she is back to normal. Last two days, she has laid an egg each day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by