That was FAST!
tongue.png

wee.gif

sbarab

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Conroe, TX
He was in office a total of 2 weeks prior his nomination. Sounds questionable to me.

Last edited:

Goose and Fig

Grateful Geese
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Fall Creek Falls TN
The Nobel committee chairman said
"Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future"

Goose and Fig

Grateful Geese
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Fall Creek Falls TN
This too:

The Nobel committee praised Obama's creation of "a new climate in international politics" and said he had returned multilateral diplomacy and institutions like the U.N. to the center of the world stage.

"You have to remember that the world has been in a pretty dangerous phase," Jagland said. "And anybody who can contribute to getting the world out of this situation deserves a Nobel Peace Prize."

As a scientist and member of a military family, I couldn't be prouder. Every little step gets us closer to a better world for our children.
big_smile.png

Ga Chicken Mom

Songster
12 Years
Jul 24, 2007
IMHO, Pres. Obama won the prestigeous award because he has advanced the philosophy of friendship and diplomacy rather than one of aggression and superiority.

karl lutz

Songster
10 Years
Jul 22, 2009
At least now we undertstand the wet feet syndrome of afghanistan! Perhaps" since in my opinion this appears to be staged " He can now move forward, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom