Another North Carolinian

Frundette

Songster
11 Years
Mar 9, 2012
NC
Hi BYCers!

I live in Granville county in North Carolina and am very seriously thinking about getting a couple chickens for eggs. Our property has an old hen house with two laying boxes, so we're currently getting that spruced up, but I've never had chickens before, so I'm doing some research!

Anyone know of anywhere local to Granville County were I can buy just a small number of chickens? I believe that I'd like to have bantams, but there are so many breeds it amazes me! :)

Any advice or great links to get me started are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Frundette

Welcome, fellow North Carolinian. I'd offer chickens but you look to be about 4 hours away from me. I bet you can find some closer! Good Luck.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Frundette~ Welcome to BYC. I'm new here and new to keeping chickens also. I'll be getting my chicks next week. I can tell you that this site has been a lifesaver for me. I think you'll find all the info you could possibly need right here. If you have a Tractor Supply store near you they sell chicks and they are in now. Good Luck!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Does anyone happen to know if all Tractor Supply stores carry the same kind of chicks or if they vary from store to store?

I'm greatly looking forward to my venture into chicken herding. ;)

Back
Top Bottom