another one gone broody??

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by akaxo, Nov 4, 2010.

1. akaxo

akaxo Chillin' With My Peeps

went to check for eggs the other day and found this keeping them warm...

[​IMG]

there was another one under him too. he wasn't too impressed when i moved him and took the eggs away either.

nearly as silly as the wee silkie who spent three days doing her best to hatch some old peach stones under the black boy peach tree. any time i cleared them out from the nest she'd just put some back in there and sit on them again. we've got her sitting on some fertile eggs now, i figure she's got better odds of success with them. [​IMG]

2. NeeleysAVLChicks

NeeleysAVLChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Leicester, NC
    Very cute!!! [​IMG]

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Too cute!! What a serious face it has!! [​IMG]

4. akaxo

haha yeah i think he's looking all serious because i'd just woken him up. he's a bit of a terror that one, one of those cats that leaps out from behind furniture and latches on to your leg with teeth and claws out and ears tucked right back...

5. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    HAHAHAHAHA! [​IMG] My Dad is sitting here and he said that the kitty was waiting for the egg to hatch so that he could have a snack! LOL Sorry, just had to say that! LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] If my cat ate ANY of my birds they would get a butt whoopin'! (not literally) [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  6. akaxo

[​IMG] well knowing what that wee ginger monster is like i wouldn't be surprised if that was his plan!! he seems to think chasing the girls is a great game, luckily though that's all he does, just startles them then stands there thinking he's all tough i think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by