Another one of my mystery Hens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Crickett B, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Crickett B

Crickett B Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2010
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    When my daughter brought my first original 12 up, this was one of the smaller ones. My daughter was told it was a bantam and at the time 6 months old, now she is 7 months.
    She was twice the size of the other three bantams but 1/2 the size of the Large Chickens (who are now 5 months old) She has feathers starting to grow on her feet, but nothing like the two Cochins I have. I have no clue what she is.

This is Chickee Little
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. looks to be a not show quality brahma bantam

3. Crickett B

Aug 26, 2010
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    Quote:I just googled that breed, and she does appear to look like one! [​IMG]
    She is a pita too...lol Always trying to stand up to the big chickens and picks on my baby turkey George.
    Thank you for replying.

4. Thundrr-Chicken

Thundrr-Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    Dover, Ohio
    im no expert... but it looks like a light brahma to me

Head—Plumage, white.

Beak—Yellow, or yellow with dark stripe down the upper mandible.
    Eyes—Bay.
    Face—Bright red.

Comb, Wattles and Ear-Lobes—Bright red.

Neck—Hackle, beginning at juncture of head with neck, web white, with solid, glossy black stripe extending down middle of each feather, running nearly parallel with edge of feather and tapering to a point near its extremity.

Back—White; cape, white or black and white ; under-color, white or bluish-white.

Breast—White ; under-color, at juncture with body, white or bluish-white.

Body and Fluff—Body, white, except under wings, where it maybe white or bluish-white ; under-color, white or bluish-white. Fluff, white.

Wings—Bows, white ; primaries, black and white (black to predominate), with white edging on lower edge of lower web ; secondaries, lower portion of lower web white, sufficient to secure a white wing-bay, the white extending around the ends and lacing upper portion of upper web, this color growing wider in the shorter secondaries, the five next to the body being white on surface when wing is folded ; remainder of each secondary, black.

Tail—Black, except two highest main tail feathers, which may be edged with white ; tail-coverts, black edged with white.

Legs and Toes—Thighs, white ; shank feathers, white or white slightly mottled with black ; shanks and toes, yellow. Toe-feathering, white or white mottled with black.

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Hatchery/(poor) Quality Brahma.

6. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Quote:X2

7. Crickett B

Aug 26, 2010
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    Seems all my chickens have issues...lol
    Well, I'll just be the farm for misfit chickens:) (and one (Curious) George, the turkey)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by