Another one!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by key west chick, Nov 29, 2008.

1. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    After Giblet yesterday, my first Kiki hatched!! Its all black. I needed to help it at the end. I guess my humidity wasn't high enough as its membrane had dried out and it was stuck all over the chickie. Don't think it would have made it out if I hadn't helped. It was pretty sticky. Its peeping loudly know, Giblet thinks its crazy. My inly other Kiki egg hasn;t even piped yet. Last time I looked it was still alive so I'll give it a few more days.

2. Bandana

Bandana Chillin' With My Peeps

Is the baby still yelling? Maybe it needs some electrolytes or something. Good luck with the fuzzy-butts.

3. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Well, after nap time, both are yelling. The older of the 2 has found food and water all ready. The little one is just loud. I did give them both a drop of poly vitamins since the little one had such a hard time getting out of the shell earlier. The bigger one is looking at me like it wants me to hold it. DH had it in the bed this morning. I think he started something.

4. Bandana

Bandana Chillin' With My Peeps

In the BED? Oh, my. I'd get shot. That's funny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by