1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Another peachicks ID! :P

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by AnnaLease, Oct 7, 2011.

1. AnnaLease

AnnaLease Chirping

May 10, 2011
    I'm thinking this one is a hen. I have another one that looks the same. They are 11 weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    This one is 9 weeks. I'm thinking a male?
    [​IMG]
    And I also have these two:
    [​IMG]
    They are 6 weeks old. Are they too young to tell? They look like the same sex, whatever they are.

2. jbourget

jbourget Songster

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    goign by what i learned ide say your right with the top being a hen, and second being male. not sure about the last 2[​IMG]

3. MinxFox

MinxFox Crowing

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    1. Peahen
    2. Peacock

The last two might be two females? The one on the right I think is a peahen and the left one could be a peahen but I am not sure. I say peahen because the end of the feathers have that one dark bar with a light creme dot on the end.[​IMG]

4. AnnaLease

AnnaLease Chirping

May 10, 2011
    Yes, now I am starting to think that the two young ones are hens. It is getting easier to tell. My mom says, "Great, we have 5 "peacocks " and only one of them is pretty." [​IMG] I don't really mind. I know that males are much easier to find than hens. [​IMG] I've really been wanting a pied. So maybe I can use the excuse that I need another male!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by