1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another Pet food recall: Pedigree products

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Jamie_Dog_Trainer, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    http://www.petcare.mars.com/

If
    you feed Pedigree, Ol Roy, or any number of other brands check out the link. Many of these foods have recently been contaminated by Salmonella.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    I don't trust MARS anyway they test on animals don't want to start a big argument or anything. Prob is my hedgehog eats the special kitty because a small bag of hedgie food is close to $8 a big bag of special kitty is $3

3. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    I see Special Kitty is on that list..did you check to see if it is affected by the recall?? You will have to enter some information from the bag you have to find out.

4. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Precisely why I feed Flint River, never had a recall that I know of.[​IMG]

5. Agilityscots

Agilityscots Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    This is why I skip dog food altogether and feed my dogs a homemade diet. It was nice in that last recall knowing that none of that stuff ever crossed my dogs' lips and never will.

Anything processed by any company, no matter how good they are, always contains potential risk.

Amy

6. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    i feed atta boy i know not the best but never recalled

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by