1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another place to look for DE

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by momma's chickens, Oct 12, 2008.

1. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I am not sure if this is the right place to put this post, mods please move it if it needs moved....

I have looked at all the feed stores in my area for DE and none of them had it and really not many of them even knew what I was talking about. However, one lady at one of the feed stores suggested I call the local plant nursery. I did and they carry it, so if you can't find it, this might be a place for you to look. It is food grade.

Just wanted to pass this on, I didn't want to pay shipping and now I don't have to. I am happy!

2. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Thanks for the tip...my bag is running low and I don't want to pay shipping again!
    ~Rebecca

3. spatcher

spatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    Be careful! A lot of DE on the market used for gardening may be food grade with additives i.e. perethrins (sp) - seen a few of them.

4. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Okay, thank you for the tip, does it just need to be plain DE. Will it list the extra indregients in it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by