1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another possible roo??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bloom_ss, Jul 27, 2011.

1. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    I have six EE chicks that are 6 weeks old and I am wondering if my favorite (and friendliest) one might be a roo. She is the prettiest one of all six chicks and I was sure she was a girl, but now her feathers have started getting more colorful in the last week or so. Here are some pictures of Friendly the EE chick:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for comparison...her she is with 3 of the others (she's the one in the top left of the picture)

[​IMG]

I had some questions about another one I have with a bigger comb than the others, but when I posted pics of that one everyone said it looked like a girl. After that I was sure I was safe with all girls, but now I am starting to wonder again. I tried posting this on the EE thread, but I only got one reply so I'm posting here in a separate thread.

2. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    look like all girls to me ..

3. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    Still looks like a pullet to me. They are beautiful!

4. ErikaSmit

ErikaSmit Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Schererville, IN
    All my boys grew their combs faster then the girls. Looks like you should be safe with a girl... as long as she doesn't start crowing! She's gorgeous!

5. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

I think she is a she [​IMG]

6. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Pullet [​IMG].

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  7. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Girl

8. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Looks like a beautiful little pullet to me. [​IMG]

9. crayon

crayon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Those are all pullets! They are super pretty- we lost one to the dog that looked like your girls.... They are such beautiful girlies! My EE had an attitude and a very roo tail at that age.

10. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Yay! [​IMG] Thanks everyone for relieving my fears about having to give up my favorite! I think since all of the other ones look like the 3 in the last picture with Friendly I should be safe with all girls. [​IMG] Thanks so much for the help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by