1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

another prayer request, please; update, more bad & good news

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chicknmania, Nov 19, 2009.

1. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Hi

A few months ago I asked for a prayer request for my brother who was diagnosed with esopageal cancer. Lots of people responded here and he is doing much better now and his cancer is in remission so I wanted to say thank you for your prayers and encouragement.

However now one of my other brothers has been diagnosed with colon cancer. It is serious. It is a strange looking tumour and they are not sure how far it has mestasized. He is 60 years old. Needless to say, once again we need help and support in dealing with this. Anyone who has had positive experiences with either type of cancer I just mentioned, I would be interested in hearing about, also.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    [​IMG] Giving up prayers to the Heavenly Father for healing of your brother, and many thanks that your other brother is in remission.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  3. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I am praying for both of your brothers...hugs

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sending good thought your way for your family's health and continued strength for your whole family. [​IMG]

5. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Isn't it Miss Jayne that says the most eloquent prayers . . .where is she?? I love them!!! There is another pretty lady on here too that also says such beautiful prayers!!!!

6. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Prayers for you and your family.

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Don't know if this is any use to you but my cousin had Crohn's disease so severly he just underwent a colon transplant in Georgetown. It's a new surgery and they do something like 10 a year there in Georgetown. Maybe it's something to look in to since it's obvious he's got a diseased colon?

I'd like to sing praises that your one brother is in remission! Wow! Praise the Lord! That is tremendous news. Thanks for sharing.

and Father God, You know the struggles of this family. May they come to You on bended knee and may we all come together in Jesus' name and pray for these diseases to wither and die and be cast out and flushed from their bodies. May their strength be renewed like eagle's wings in mind, body, and spirit...and so we humbly pray in Christ's name. Amen.

8. chicknmania

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Thank you. What I can't understand is why these doctors have to be so negative all the time. Yes, we already know it's serious. Making comments like "it doesn't look good" before you know for sure whether it looks good or not, do nothing but depress and scare the patient. My brother has never even had surgery before, he doesn't need to hear "it doesn't look good, but we won't know til we get in there..." Just say nothing, or something encouraging...I mean, I think it would make more sense, as everyone knows how big a role attitude can play in these cases. My Mother had breast cancer about twenty five years ago. She had her breast removed and hit the ground running, I mean it barely fazed her. Or so it seemed. But now I know why. My brother told me my Mother never believed she had breast cancer. She just went along with the pressure from the doctors. After they removed her breast, she never had radiation, chemo, or anything. She lived twenty more years, cancer free. So my theory is...she never believed she had it....so her attitude had a great deal do with why she had no further problems. When my oldest brotherr was diagnosed with the trach cancer, they bluntly told him he had less than 30 per cent chance to live. Well, he's still with us, and so far is in remission. Seems like they could've been a bit more positive. There are a number of reasons why I hate most doctors, but that's one big one.

9. chicknmania

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Am asking for additional prayers for my oldest brother. His esophageal cancer was in remission until a couple of weeks ago. Now it is back and they are giving about 14 months to live. He does not want, or cannot afford, chemo. He is going to try holistic treatments or maybe more radiation. [​IMG]

asking for your continued prayers for his health and continued good spirits.

My second brother is dealing with chemo with his stomach cancer. So far, the tumour is shrinking, and he remains in good spirits.

Please, continued prayers for them both.

Thanks. [​IMG]

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by