another question about the water wiggler....sorry

Tsagirl

Songster
12 Years
Dec 9, 2007
Springfield,OR
What are the safe temps in the water wiggler?
I have a old thermometer(not digital) in there..is that ok?
Please write if you can! Thanks!
smile.png

I think and old style oral thermometer is the best for a wiggler.
They are accurate, don't vary, don't rely on batteries, etc...

ok thank you all about this.....
My DH and I just made a homade hatcher out of a styrofom cooler and I want to make sure the temp in the wiggler stays the same because the temps on the digital acurite in there goes down to 93 degrees and then back up to 103! then the lamp turns off and it goes back down again.
The wiggler is at 99 degrees now.....so hopefully the eggs will do well when I put them in tomorow.
I guess this is my project.
Thanks again! I love this forum!!
lol.png

redchicken,
A water wiggler (also called a water weasel somtimes) is a kids toy. They are little squishy tubes filled with water. You can put a thermometer in them and put them in the incubator. Since they are liqud filled they mimic the temperature changes inside the egg. That way you can monitor the inside temp of the eggs and try to keep it as close to 99.5 as possible. I bought some on Ebay and use a digital thermometer from the petstore that has a probe at the end of a cord. I put the probe in the wiggler and the digital readout is outside of the incubator.

I would like to hijack your post for a min. Please.

Can you use the wigglers to "fill" out a bactor that does not have many eggs in it? To help keep temps stable.

Back
Top Bottom