another question for you experience peeps...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by freshfish, Oct 31, 2011.

1. freshfish

freshfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    South of San Antonio
    Can a rooster breed his offspring or will there be genetic problems ****edited some more as to not upset anyone ***edited to not be amusing****

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  2. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

The uncalled for Arkansas reference aside, there are no such "morals". In the animal world, such breeding is often preferred by the band, flock, school, herd, etc.

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Fred's Hens :

The uncalled for Arkansas reference aside, there are no such "morals". In the animal world, such breeding is often preferred by the band, flock, school, herd, etc.

X2 beside the Ark ref.......................... Chickens morals ????........... or do you mean Human morals you think chickens should also have. misguided Human emotions bestowed on animals have no place in proper animal husbandry, WTS Father to daughter matings are prefered or better yet grandfather to grandaughter, brother to sister can often bring out more deficiencies, but then again mutt breeders do it all the time because they don't mind the faults as long as they're fluffy and have names.​

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Mother and son is ok and father and daughter is ok but not brother and sister. If you breed brother and sisters then any undesirable traits can show up in the chicks.

5. freshfish

freshfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    South of San Antonio
    Cmon, thank you very much for the reply

6. waterchicken

waterchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2011
    Fred's Hens :

Yep! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by