Mansfield, MO
I thought I would post this as lots of you working parents need a fast recipe:
It doesn't have a name...

1 pound of ground beef
one large onion
three medium potatoes
1 can mushroom soup (golden or plain)
salt and pepper

I fry up a pound of lean ground beef with a large diced onion in one pan ( I do it all in one pan now) then in another pan I dice up three medium potatoes. cook till meat is brown and the potatoes are soft and then combine them. I then put in a can of mushroom soup and about a cup of milk. heat through. I sometimes add a can of drain whole kernel corn or peas..if dh isn't home..he hates peas. Serve as is or with a salad. Oh don't forget the salt and pepper. It kind of looks like hamburger helper but you made it yourself and it didn't come out of a box. I have used canned cheddar soup in place of the mushroom, too. It is a recipe that take about thirty minutes from start to finish and one you can play with.
I would double this for a large family

Last edited:
Sounds good and easy.
smile.png

Hm... You could even substitute egg noodles or any other kind of pasta you had in the house for the potatoes. Rice would work well, too.

Very versatile dish!

yes, it is very versatile dish. My dh just loves this for a quick supper. he couldn't wait till it was finished and it really doesn't take over twenty minutes cooking, the rest is dicing the veggies. he asked if there were any left overs at lunch time today??? He ate it all last night
lol.png

Quote:
Yummie!!! I woukld use the cheddar, I think
thank you for sharing!!

I made the country skiller dinner like they have from Village Inn tonight- hashbrown potatoes, with ground sausage, onions and shredded cheese on top, covered by 2 fried eggs with a little runniness to them.
Wuz good, but your sounds better to me
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom