1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

another rant out of me re. people who dont get it

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by QuinnP, Mar 30, 2011.

1. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    I lost my son Seanna to miscarriage on Feb 19 (too many chromosomes) I am devastated, & recently a counselor tried to make me feel better by telling me she knew how I felt because she had a dog that she cherished & loved & it died. A DOG!? I have been fighting infertility for 7 years, lost a precious pregnancy & she thinks losing a dog can compare to losing my baby?! While I love my pets dearly & yes refer to my rooster as my son, it still shocked me to hear that. Its still quite hard to deal with. I'm so upset.

I understand that the American way of dealing with death is usually to deny it, or try to minimize it. I couldn't speak when Jan told me that about the dog. Nobody knows what it is like to lose a baby unless they've been there. Sorry but a dog doesn't count. Tjhis is the 4th time I have failed at motherhood.

2. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    I am so sorry for your loss. Does this person have kids?

3. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss and the insensitivity of the counselor. I love my pets dearly but they don’t hold a candle to a child. The counselor doesn’t sound very qualified to “counsel”.
    You aren’t a failure at motherhood, nature is the problem.
    [​IMG]

4. QuinnP

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    Quote:One

5. QuinnP

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    I hurt so much. I cant breathe because of anxiety today.

6. keedokes

keedokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Quinn, you have not failed. In any way shape or form. I am very, very sorry that you're struggling with this. To desire the beginning of a family so much and to be denied it--I certainly have no idea what you've been going through.

But you have NOT failed. Something like chromosome pairs is NOT something you can control, nor, I am sure, are any of the reasons you've lost any previous babies. You will someday have a precious new life to hold in your arms and you will be a stronger and more wonderful mother due to what you've been going through. Do not lose hope!

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Im so sorry you had to go through this. [​IMG] To compare a human life to that of an animal, is just... well [​IMG]

8. QuinnP

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    thank you so much. I have had one living daughter who I let be adopted because I knew I couldn't care for her, & 4 losses.

9. kasey08

kasey08 Aunt Kasey's Farm

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    I agree. I love my animals but there is no way they could compare to a baby. I'm so sorry about your loss. Will be sending prayers your way!

10. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by