another roadblock...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by angeleyes1307, Sep 20, 2011.

1. angeleyes1307

angeleyes1307 New Egg

Sep 4, 2011
    I have been trying to get stuff together to get me some chickens. I have some nice property and was really excited. Had a couple small things come up, decided if I couldn't get a real cheap coop/fencing I would have to wait to spring. Then my car gets totaled - with no insurance pay-out (for the sake of marital peace that is all I will say there). so no with no savings, cash flow issues, and a small child, I have no vehicle and no way to get one.
    *le sigh*

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG] Sending some good luck vibes your way and some chicken vibes too [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

As always, life is what happens when you're making other plans. Sorry about your troubles!

4. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Quote:Very well said. I x2 it.

5. angeleyes1307

angeleyes1307 New Egg

Sep 4, 2011
    *UPDATE* my parents are coming through. fronting for a car a friend of theirs is selling and letting me pay them back in tiny increments. I figure this whole debacle was the divine's way of saying "get a new car!" AND "go see your folks!" (the later of which I haven't done in 2 years, which i think is a sin when you have a 3 yo; the former of which I haven't done in 7 or 8 years)
    Thanks for all the good vibes, well wishes, and encouraging words! This place is awesome!

6. newchickgal

newchickgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Republic of Panama
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    You hadn't seen your parents in two years? I'm glad you went to see them. That's a long time!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by