Another Round of Guy or Girl!!!! Opinions Please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lockedhearts, Aug 31, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    These are my juvenile BO's Most of them hatched Mid May.
    Hercules was sometime in the Beginning of April (I got him as a chick)

Hercules Side View (Still no Crow or egg)

[​IMG]

Hercules Back

[​IMG]

Pretty Sure The one on the right is a pullet

[​IMG]

Another shot of same
    [​IMG]

This one is shy so only shot I have, I think Pullet
    [​IMG]

2. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    Hercules is a roo the one that you think is a pullet is a pullet and the shy one is a roo. Is the shy one also the one sitting beside the pullet in the picture of the two?

3. chickenchickenbulkbulk

chickenchickenbulkbulk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    OHIO
    I too...bought some Buffs in April..April 14th..and I am also waiting to hear a crow or get an egg!!! These chickens seem to be a layed back and in no hurry to crow or to lay an egg.. I was told to start mine on laying crumbles. That it would throw them into laying quicker, BUT then I was told that if you gave them the laying crumbles to early THAT it could mess their laying cycle up or make them to where they can't lay!!!!! SO..I have decided to let nature do its own thing.. I am finding out that all chickens are different..they are all individuals that will do their own thing in their own time. You have some very pretty BO.. I really have enjoyed mine.

4. clifonti

clifonti Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2008
    It sure looks like a rooster to me. I have a BO that was hatched 6/1/08. He has been crowing since 8 weeks and acting like a roo prematurely. Notices everything, protects girls from predators with verbal warnings, puffs up alot and tries to mount the girls. He looks very similar to yours. My BO hens look like yours as well; what I mean is, not much in the way of waddles or comb. I think you've got a rooster there! Have you noticed that he/she is the first one in the flock to greet you when you come out? That should have been my first clue.

5. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I see two roosters and one pullet. [​IMG]

6. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    There are actually a total of 4 Buffs , the first 2 are the same one, the second 2 are the same 2 and the last pic is a different one.

7. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    I am going to say 1 pullet and 3 roosters. Hercules is definatly a roo, and the middle pics the one is definatly a pullet, the other 2 are maybes but I am betting on roos.

8. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i say ,,, #1 = pullet
    #2 = pullet
    #3 = roo

9. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    3 roosters and 1 pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by