Another Sad day....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by justusnak, Jun 9, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Some of you remember me posting about the little duckling....Miracle. Her mother kicked the egg out of the nest, and I thought it was dead...so I peeled the shell, to see what :would have been" well, she took a breath, and I ran her inside and ran warm water over her, to get her body temp back up. She has been doing fine. Peeping to me, giving me kisses...following me around the yard, and sleeping on the back of my neck...under my hair...like I was her momma.
    Well, this morning I took her outside, and put her in a wire cage, so I could clean her brooder. She was there alone for less than 30 seconds...when my dog got her. I am so torn up....I cant stop crying....my little Miracle is gone. I was SO STUPID to leave her there alone. I didnt think the dog could get her. I just turned around, and he got her. STUPID DOG! STUPID ME! It hurts so much...she was my little baby...and now she is gone. [​IMG]

2. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    Oh, bless your heart! I am so sorry this happened! [​IMG]
    I will be praying for you.

3. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    It is twice as sad when you take the time and try and save one. Don't feel bad about your stupidity, we all do things and then later regret that we didn't think. It is only through these trials and errors we learn. Please accept my sympathies on your loss of little duckling.

4. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Double [email protected]@&^m dogs. I love them but so many of my bad chicken experiences involve dogs. I am so sorry about your little Miracle. Sad, Sad Day. I hope you feel better soon.

5. crazylilchick

crazylilchick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2007
    Missouri
    Sooooo sorry for your loss. I just recently had a bad experience and injured one of my chickens I'm not sure if she is going to live. The guilt just wants to swallow you whole. Such a awful feeling. You have my sympathy. So sorry this has happened to you.

6. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Oh no [​IMG] Deb, I'm sooo sorry for your loss..... [​IMG] That's terrible, I don't know what else to say.. but we're here for ya. :aww
    Take care,Miriam

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I'm so so sorry for your loss...[​IMG]

8. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I am so terribly sorry, now I am crying now as well, had followed your story of lil Miracle.
    So so sorry for your loss.
    Hugs
    Jill

9. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    O honey. Im so sorry.

10. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I am so sorry to hear that.so sorry.......... I have had things like that happen.and beat myself up.......we all make mistakes.never thinking something bad will happen.......don't beat yourself up so bad.......... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by