1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another shot of chochin..pullet say pullet! :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cynthia12, May 15, 2011.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

2. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Pullet!!!

Okay, now that I said it, what a cute cockeral you have there, lol.

Just kidding: I honestly don't know if its a boy or girl...

Age?

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  3. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    4 weeks! Too early?

4. BigDaddy'sGurl

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Umm...he or she does have a good amount of comb development, but I don't see wattles and my cochins always developed wattles early when they were boys, so I would just guess girl...but it's just a guess! Also if it helps, my cochins were always early crowers so if it doesn't crow by 8-10 weeks you may be safe!

5. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Thank you. A girl guess is a good guess for me right now. The wattles really aren't that big yet..couldn't get that close up of them. The feet aren't real thick either.. just keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you for replying!

6. amgreen1980

amgreen1980 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    Steelville, Missouri
    BigDaddy'sGurl :

Umm...he or she does have a good amount of comb development, but I don't see wattles and my cochins always developed wattles early when they were boys, so I would just guess girl...but it's just a guess! Also if it helps, my cochins were always early crowers so if it doesn't crow by 8-10 weeks you may be safe!

Ugh! This is NOT what I wanted to read!!! I have one cochin banty and 'she' is developing wattles early-ish? She is probably about 5 weeks? I got her from a friend, so I dont know the exact age. I KNOW I have a barred rock roo so that would give me 2 definite roosters out of 7. That is if my 3 "rainbow layers" all end up girls. Lets hope the early wattles thing isn't a sure thing!​

7. BigDaddy'sGurl

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Quote:Ugh! This is NOT what I wanted to read!!! I have one cochin banty and 'she' is developing wattles early-ish? She is probably about 5 weeks? I got her from a friend, so I dont know the exact age. I KNOW I have a barred rock roo so that would give me 2 definite roosters out of 7. That is if my 3 "rainbow layers" all end up girls. Lets hope the early wattles thing isn't a sure thing!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

For you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by