Another sick chick- this is grieves me :(

She isnt scratching and it was only that evening she was shaking her head a lot. She mostly wants to sleep but she prefers the company of Carmella (the frizzle). A poop test would be another $30 that my husband doesn't want to spend after the $39 we spent on meds... Im hoping she gets over this soon!

Last edited:
I've heard that a fecal float test is free... I can't 100% confirm that, though. Only a rumor. I assume you've inquired with your local vet?

Honestly, I can't imagine it would be FREE, since they nickel and dime you for everything else. ($65 for the pleasure of stepping into your office??? Can I get copay on this!??!)

I hope she gets over it, too. Healing feelings! <3

MrsB

Well, she got better- no more droopy wings and we put her out. Everyone did great for a few weeks and then all of a sudden one morning she was on her side in the coop barely alive. We brought her in and she died an hour later.
:( We really have no clue why.

Now we have a sex link pullet who lost control of her legs slowly and is parylized except for her neck. She has an appetite and eats and drinks when we put it near her head- Im giving her vitamins and electrolytes but all this mystery illness is driving me nuts.

Well, she got better- no more droopy wings and we put her out. Everyone did great for a few weeks and then all of a sudden one morning she was on her side in the coop barely alive. We brought her in and she died an hour later.
:( We really have no clue why.

Now we have a sex link pullet who lost control of her legs slowly and is parylized except for her neck. She has an appetite and eats and drinks when we put it near her head- Im giving her vitamins and electrolytes but all this mystery illness is driving me nuts.
Paralysis does not sound very good. The vitamins are good, make sure they have multi B's in them.

Back
Top Bottom